Recorded on a PC - Played on HS2 - Which DVD-R Media?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by lumpsucker, Nov 11, 2003.

1. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I have searched on the forum, honest I have, but I can't quite grasp this.

I am going to be using DVD-X Copy to copy my DVD-Video's on my PC (legitimate back-up purpose only of course). I will want to play these back on my DMR-HS2, so provided I go for reasonable quality manufacturer (i.e Verbatim, Maxell etc) and use DVD-R media is there anything else I need to consider ? Does it matter whether I burn at 2x or 4x ?

Many thanks

2. pd45

pd45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No there is nothing else you need to consider. You don't necessarily have to have the "best" dvd-r media (whatever that is) each machine is different, this is where you need to experiment, although, the only problem I have had on my PC burner (Pioneer 106) is with the 1x Maxell DVD-RW which it just wont write to, all other media I have tried has worked fine. (Datawrite, Mirrior) Burning at the highest speed should be fine, if you encounter a problem (skipping etc) only then try burning at a lower speed before writing off the media.
    Regards

3. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    pd45.

Many thanks. I'll do as you suggest then and try out a few different makes of DVD-R. Ideally a not to expensive make that I can use for dubbing on the HS2 for kids etc and also that I can use to back-up my DVD's on the PC.

Cheers
    Simon

4. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,023
    I would stick to 2x recording. 4x speed can make the video skip and stutter (depending on the disc).

5. lumpsucker

lumpsucker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks NWgarrat,

Speed is not really an issue for me so if I get problems on x4 then i'll settle for x2. Cheers.

Simon