1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recorded DVD storage and archiving

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Mark Bennett, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

What are people using and doing about storing the recorded DVDs? I find the cases to be large and heavy and been thinking about the CD storage ones.

Something like these:

http://www.beyondhifi.net/shopping/Products.asp?CatID=157

tho I found a taller version of these at poundland that would store well on a bookshelf than the plain square ones. Semi worried about the quality of the material it's stored in so will try some CD-rs in it and see if it scratches etc.

Post your comments and ideas with URLs for good buys.

Cheers

Mark

:D

2. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I buy mine from www.blankshop.com and they had all the different types of storage availble. You pick the media, I prefer traxdata as I have yet to have a failure, and the box type you want for storing them.

Personally I prefer the dvd case as it matches the bought ones and they can all be kept together looking reasonably neat, but there are even slimline cd cases if you really want to go small.

With my last purchase I bought double dvd cases, to cope with those occasions when more than one dvd is required for a particular program or series, this can save a lot of space in the long run. When I get around to it I will produce a template for the box covers so they can be even better looking in storage.
    (Unless anyone knows a source for dvd box cover templates?)

4. Mark Bennett

Mark Bennett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Since I'm archiving the VHS tapes I really don't have the space and want to get things as tightly organised as possible.

I think the double height cases would be the best but they don't do a hard case for them at blankdiskshop.

I did find 5 packs of DVD cases at poundland for a quid. Also 10 packs of the slim lines appear periodically too.

Mark

5. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think the normal DVD cases are just a waste of space like boxes of washing powder only two thirds full.:D

I use the Jewel cases from SVP that hold 6 CD/DVDs. They take up the space of two CD cases. I number the discs and print labels back and front with program details and disc number.

If your hooked on using some form of "DVD case" then this suggestion won't suite you. Good luck. Malcom.