Recordable Freesat Boxes - Single Feed Cable

Limerick

Established Member
Reaction score
I know that you need two satellite cable feeds to record to the twin tuner boxes, but what I would like to know is what happens if you only had one cable connected to the recordable box? Does the box still record but only that one channel or will it just not record without the other cable?

How does the re-winding and pausing of live tv work with only one cable?

I know that you need two satellite cable feeds to record to the twin tuner boxes, but what I would like to know is what happens if you only had one cable connected to the recordable box? Does the box still record but only that one channel or will it just not record without the other cable?

How does the re-winding and pausing of live tv work with only one cable?

You will only be able to watch/ record one channel at a time with only one cable. If you do a loop through on a Humax HDR (not sure about other boxes) then you can watch/ record another channel as long as it is on the same block- frequency, polarization etc.
Not sure about the rewinding and pause

This is the setup I have. Works well enough, would also recomend a loopthrough as it gives you a couple of working dual channels i.e. record one whilst watching another. All regular pvr functions work as normal, including pause live tv etc. Personally, I think the recorded picture is incredible, with HD recording broacast quality.

You will only be able to watch/ record one channel at a time with only one cable. If you do a loop through on a Humax HDR (not sure about other boxes) then you can watch/ record another channel as long as it is on the same block- frequency, polarization etc.

The only twin tuner satellite pvr that I know of that can use both tuners on a single feed and under the right circumstances record two and provide time shifting to a 3rd channel is the Foxsat-hdr. The German equivalent (Icord) can record up to 4 channels at once even with a single cable.

Thanks for the replies. I thought it would work something like that, I may upgrade my Humax HD box to a recordable one when more HD stuff on freesat becomes available perhaps in time for the newer Humax recordable box available later this year.

Does this lop through work on dual PC DVB-S cards as well??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom