• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Record video to Samsung TV on Panasonic DMR-PWT550 PVR

Kenny UK

Novice Member
Hi

So many forums here so if this post in the wrong one please forgive me.

I have a Panasonic DMR-PWT550 PVR and a Samsung UE55KS7000 SUHD HDR 1,000 4K Ultra HD Quantum TV.

I have various apps on the TV and the ones I use most are Youtube and Amazon Prime TV.

Is there any way to record these on my Panasonic PVR?

From what I can tell the DMR-PWT550 is not able to download apps and I tried networking it wirelessly to the TV to try that way but although it sees the TVs network it will not connect to it and if it did I am unsure if the TV can then stream what is being watched on the screen to the PVR for recording.

From what I can tell (I may be wrong) there is no "Record Out" socket on the TV.

Has anyone any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Gavtech

Administrator
It is only possible to record programming that comes via the aerial on the PWT550.

There are no workarounds - Sorry.

Kenny UK

Novice Member
It is only possible to record programming that comes via the aerial on the PWT550.

There are no workarounds - Sorry.
Hi Gavtech

That is what I thought but it does not harm to ask.

What is confusing me is the Panasonic Website description of the PWT550 says:
"The DMR-PWT550 is Panasonic’s smart networking 500GB hard disc drive recorder with twin HD tuners."

and

"In addition the DMR-PWT550 offers various content and services through the internet and home networks, including content in a wide variety of fields such as sports, games, music, movies and lots more. Please note the DMR-PWT550 has Wi-Fi built in."

All I can find in the way of Internet or Networked streaming is Freeview Play & Netfilix. If there is a way to add other apps I am unable to find it.

Am I missing something?

Gavtech

Administrator
Again I think you may be expecting too much of it.
Freeview play and Netflix will be about the limit.

You may find more apps ( or more to add) if you dig deep into the Viera Connect screen - but they will be largely pointless or poorly supported and scarcely worth the effort.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom