Record sky without subs?

gummybear

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi how do I record sky without subs. I have seen legato hd as well as pace3100 but any solution which does not require a pc?

If, by Sky, you mean satellite TV channels that are available only with a subscription, then you don't.
You can record, on a Sky PVR or in various other ways, what you can watch.
You can watch free channels, and channels that you pay for.
That's it as far as the forum is concerned.

Yes just the ftv and FTA channels like elgato hd but that requires a pc

Any option without a pc that you or anyone knows of.

Are you saying that is is (legally) possible to record free channels on a FreeSat box?

I was under the impression that you could only record if you take out the record subscription with Sky.

I'm interested becuase my parents have 'FreeSat from Sky' and now that they have lost terrestial I need to give them something to record. I'm aware of normal FreeSat solutions like Humax but it would be really nice if I could do a Sky+ solution because they are familiar with user interface and it takes them ages to change to something new.

Cheers,

Nigel

Can you not just use a Sky+ HD box to watch and record FTA channels (BBC HD etc).

I'm getting my box replaced on Tuesday and was planning on using the exsiting one in the bedroom (without a multiroom sub) to get HD channels, and record FTA channels.

?

Can you not just use a Sky+ HD box to watch and record FTA channels (BBC HD etc).

I'm getting my box replaced on Tuesday and was planning on using the exsiting one in the bedroom (without a multiroom sub) to get HD channels, and record FTA channels.

?

I also have a 'spare' Sky+ box (not HD), and wondered the same - can this be used to just pick up FTA ?

Don't you still need a FTA card or something ?

I also have a 'spare' Sky+ box (not HD), and wondered the same - can this be used to just pick up FTA ?

Don't you still need a FTA card or something ?

Yes you need an FTA card. But this will still only allow you to watch. The record function will not work without your card being attached to a relevant Sky+ subscription.

The old blue Sky cards with the yellow house are often still active and will allow recording of FTA stuff on Sky+ and HD boxes.

But if you're talking piracy, this forum ain't the place to be doing it.

Shiver me timbers.

You can call sky who will send you a card to activate the + function without paying for channels, £10 pcm.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom