Record one program while watching something else

Moses Kaldor

Standard Member
Hi I'm new here…but not a new to forums/msg boards in general. Anyway I hope you can all help me with something.

I've recently borrowed a DMR-E95H just to test out at home. After years of VHS recording, 5 spoilt VCR's, I thought I'd evolve a little and venture into the world of DVD recording (plus working with a well-known electronics company sort of prompts one to move ahead with the times)

Well basically with VCR's I'd hook up an RF cable from the wall (source of 100+ TV channels back home in Lebanon) and tune the VCR's prehistoric UHF/VHF frequencies along with the TV – thereby enabling me to record all those memorable football matches as well as my favorite episodes of Baywatch….kidding about that last one!

Here in the Gulf however, the standard (unlike Lebanon) is to have a setup box/cable tv receiver hooked up to the TV (as is the standard in UK/USA/Asia I guess, too).

I easily managed to setup the DMR-E95H (without an instruction manual, at that. Altho today I finally downloaded it) with the cable box and my JVC flat screen tv (CRT normal)

All this was done using the red yellow white AV cables. I have two RF cables laying around…and I am sure that I can put them to use!

Now I began recording and all, and the menu navigation/options seem quite user-friendly. Problem is I'm forced to watch the channel I'm recording since I'm using one receiver which is the main source.

So my question is:

With ONE receiver, is there any way possible to be able to set it up so that I can record one channel and record the other? Can't I make the receiver channels available on the JVC's tuner? The DMR's tuner?

I've spent two days trying to solve this problem, but to no avail. I know I can get a second receiver and EASILY solve this problem, but our cable provider in the building doesn't allow it. Thanks for your help.

Alun

Unfortunately not. the cable box is a decoder with only one 'tuner', the receivers in your tv and dmr would not be able to do anything with the cable signal directly.

Gavtech

Administrator
Any other responses? :lease:
Yes - Alun's response above is quite correct I'm afraid.

Two independent sources are required to be able to do what you want

There is no workaround with your current setup.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Netflix in October 2020. Tom's Thumbs.
Top Bottom