1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

record off freeview via dvd

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by copaul, Oct 18, 2005.

1. copaul

copaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help please for a non technical jargon free guy :clap:
    i want to know how to record freeview channels to my dvd recorder as both of them use the avs(think thats right) i cant tune in my dvd to the freeview programs
    could some one please tell me how(it took me a week to get my dvd/freeview/vhs all working together off a single scart tv,the instruction books were less than useless) in plain english please.......... :suicide:

2. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    To record manually from AV. When the display on the front of the DVD displays a channel 1 to 5 or BBC1 to Channel 5, if you use the +- to go up and down the channels, if you carry on and go down past BBC1 you will come to AV.
    You this set to the same AV as your digibox comes in on, to record.

If you post the models of your equipment there may be another way to do it.

Nigel

3. copaul

copaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Nigel thanks for replying my equipment is,Phillips freeveiw digital set top box connected to Goodmans GVD301RP dvd/recorder(digital)connected to Bush vcr 925NSIL(nicam digital stereo)connected to my single scart tv,all my scart leads go via a AV Auto Selector,Philex 28520R.
    If my vhs is recording i cant get freeview or dvd signals and my tv,dvd and vhs wont tune in to the freeveiw channels.
    Where i am going wrong i dont know

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    That's because the Philex box can only switch the scart signal to one place at a time, I expect.

5. nig28

nig28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am not sure how many scart sockets you have on your equipment, but if you have 2 scarts on all your extras you could scap your Auto Selector and connect it all up in line via scarts. The order of which would depend on what you what/record most of time.

Pos - TV > DVDR > freeview > VCR

I think that your Auto Selector is over-riding all the scart protocols.
    If you cannot record digital - The digital will be coming through your scart leads this is generally called AV, so you need to set your VCR/DVDR to the AV channel - AVI or AV2 or sometimes called EXT1 or L1

Nigel

6. copaul

copaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    {B}xxx
    Thanks guys for your imput i will try any thing once
    Paul