Question Record live stream

banchang

Standard Member
Reaction score
Is there any HDD player/recorder out there which will enable me to record a livestream feed which I have on my TV eg record a football match ~2 hours ?

I'm watching via a MINIX NEO X8-H Plus Amlogic S812-H Quad Core XBMC Android 4.4 Smart TV Box Media Hub, which outputs to my TV via HDMI cable.

Last edited:
I guess there is no HDCP on the Android box, if so a game capture pvr should do the job.

Google

Other than that a HD Freeview-PVR and a digital modulator should work (not going to be cheap).

Thanks - can you suggest a game capture pvr which would be capable of recording for 2-3 hours ?

Thanks - can you suggest a game capture pvr which would be capable of recording for 2-3 hours ?

That would entirely depend on the size of the hard disk and whether the box will record to NTFS or EXT3. Not sure what the bitrate used is but guessing about 7Mbps. A 1TB drive would hold over 300hrs of HD content. If the box can only use FAT32 there is a individual file size limit of 4GB. At 7Mbps that would restrict a single recording to about 1.5hrs approx.

Maplin sell a few of these, they should know what file system the box can use.

Once you capture onto SD card, it it possible to easily playback from these capture card machines straight to TV later (in the same way you would with a PVR with HDD, or do you have to remove SD card, insert in PC, convert, connect PC to TV & play back that way ?

I should note that my TV does not have an SD card slot.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom