• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Record it... and Keep it! (Your Unusual List)

What unusual programs do you record, and keep?
It's a list of programs that maybe nobody else bothers with.

Mine..
The Best Bits Of Big Brother... I cut them together.
Little Nicki... A BB housemates own show.
The Osbournes.
Just For Laughs.. a BBC1 hidden Camera Show.
TV Burp.
It'll Be Alright On The Night.
The Hypnotic World Of Paul Mckenna.

krish

Distinguished Member
one's I've kept/keep (though not necessarily "record" ;))...
- wouldn't really say any are unusual imho ("niche" perhaps :))

The Colbert Report, Real Time with Bill Maher, Saturday Night Live - US satire/comedy
Flight of the Conchords - Season 2 currently airing in the US
latest series of Spooks, Hustle, LOM/Ashes to Ashes, Dr Who, Lost - until the DVDs are out
any HBO standup special (e.g. Chris Rock, Bill Maher, Ricky Gervais) - until the DVDs are out
The Apprentice (UK and US), Dragons' Den, Million Dollar Traders (just finished on BBC2) - 'business reality' shows
Torchwood, Crooked House, Apparitions, Survivors, The Devil's Whore, Wallander - HD 'recordings' ;)
QI
Horizon
Natural World
Imagine... The Story of the Guitar

brian s

Distinguished Member
This will be a huge shock but almost anything to do with Dr Who. Interviews with the cast, production crew, etc. I did wipe The Sunday Night Project with Catherine Tate though. That was far too bad to save.

:thumbsdow
Bri

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

I record a lot of stuff (documentaries, et al) to do with censorship, extreme cinema/TV, or anything to do with controversial material and stuff that's been banned!

Pooch

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
I record NCIS, Numb3rs and Doctor Who. I did record CSI but the amount of episodes over three series made it easier to just buy the DVD's.

I haven't recorded a film in years.

It's not easy keeping track with recording all these shows especially as Numb3rs S4 and S5 is on at the same time and I just have Freeview. No fancy series link so I have been known to miss the ending of some episodes due to time changes.

redwing

Prominent Member
I dont actually keep any , some are on the planner for a long time though like 24 ect because I never watch before i have the whole season as I like to do it all at once more or less.

But if you want unusual recordings I always record Dickinsons real deal :eek: lol i record it and watch it when im eating my dinner its sort of a ritual.

brian s

Distinguished Member
I dont actually keep any , some are on the planner for a long time though like 24 ect because I never watch before i have the whole season as I like to do it all at once more or less.

But if you want unusual recordings I always record Dickinsons real deal :eek: lol i record it and watch it when im eating my dinner its sort of a ritual.

Yes there's quite a few people on the forum who watch an entire season over a weekend or two. It takes me weeks and weeks. Mind you I've got several on the row at the same time.

You admit to watching Dickinson?

:eek::D
Bri

bosque

Distinguished Member
Sad to hear that Pincho has been sucked into the Big Brother vortex, there was a time (not that long ago) when he was telling everyone how he was morally offended by this programme but it seems to have worked its wicked way into his conciousness :(

Sad to hear that Pincho has been sucked into the Big Brother vortex, there was a time (not that long ago) when he was telling everyone how he was morally offended by this programme but it seems to have worked its wicked way into his conciousness :(

No, I told people I was offended by the fact that there was nothing done about the arguments starting up in one of the series. Then I complained to Offcom who warned the directors to control bad behavior in a proper manner. I have always watched Big Brother since series 1.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom