1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Record Function On Sky Plus

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by AxxxxA, Nov 15, 2004.

1. AxxxxA

AxxxxA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

im thinking of swapping my sky digital box for a sky plus box without changing anything else, but I have read or someone has told me (cant remember) that the record function wont work unless I have 2 feeds inputing the sat box. is this true and if so, is there anyway round it as I don’t really want to pay sky another £10 a month for the use of the record function.

Thx…..

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    There are no recording facilities at all unless you pay the £10 a month SKY+ service charge or have a suitable subscription package (at least two premium SKY channels).

3. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need two feeds to the sky+ box. You may get the recording function FOC if your subscription is more than £30 a month,

Dave

4. GaryM999

GaryM999
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I really want sky + but as I do not have the required number of premium packages I have to pay sky anothjer tenner a month :mad: The problem is that I'm not getting anything extra for the money really.

Sure you can record one channel and watch another but as you have to decode what you have recorded with the viewing card you can still only ever watch one channel at a time. So what has sky given me there? The extra functionality is down to the box (which I don't mind paying for) not to way sky broadcast.

As for the two feeds, strictly speaking you would only need two if you were watching one channel on a horizontal feed and the other on a vertical. If they were both on V or H then the signal could be split.

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The discussion about the "value" of the SKY+ service has been ongoing since it was launched back in 2001. Simply pay the fee and enjoy the product/service as I have these last three years or hang in there for SKY to eventually lower the package required for the "free" SKY+ which I suspect will happen at some point.

Bottom line is that SKY+ was introduced to generate revenue which the early adoptors supplied, once they were hoovered up the SKY+ was used mainly as a marketing tool and as additional value to premium packages.

6. andrew markwort

andrew markwort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    And this is a disadvantage because ... ?

Actually, you can record two and watch a third (provided the third is either something you've already recorded or one of the programmes you're currently recording).

7. ginga_dj

ginga_dj
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you are better off upgrading your package to include, say sky sports1,3 and movies 2,4,6 etc... I did this and brought my spending up to £30 per month. Then sky plus was no more money. Better to do this than just pay the extra tenner and not get any more channels.