1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Record from NTL and freeview/analogue using one EPG?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by sted, Feb 9, 2005.

1. sted

sted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking into buying or building an HTPC. The Elonex Artisan looks great, as does Windows Media Center. Ok, here's my problem. I have NTL and would ideally have a PC with two tv cards - one that NTL came through and one that's used for terrestrial channels (digital preferably). The problem i can see is with the EPG. Because of the different channel mappings i'd need to be able to say 'Record this one on NTL, but this one on terrestrial'. Has anyone achieved this? Is it possible with Media Center? Can you run 2 EPG's - one for NTL control and one for terrestrial? Any help would be much appreciated . . .

2. sted

sted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    anyone got any ideas/suggestions?

3. jameson_uk

jameson_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +579
    I know this is not possible with MCE. You can only have one EPG and whilst MCE supports dual cards, these must both be either analog or digital (not mixed) and both use the same EPG.

This is something I am looking to do but have not yet found out anything that will do it. I have a feeling that Media Portal might do this (I believe it allows you to have Digital and Analog cards setup together)

The other option (which I am begining to think is the only current solution) is to get another STB and use to analog input cards. Not ideal and costs but will certainly work.

4. sted

sted
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi. thanks for the reply. yep, i'd considered the 2 box option as well but i guess it's a bit of a killer on subscription costs . . . let me know how you get on. after having a look at a few websites i've a feeling that MythTV may give us the flexibility to do what we're after. however getting it set up is another matter altogether . . .