Record freeview to NAS Drive and stream around house?

DannyTucker001

Evening all.

I am trying to find a method of recording freeview transmissions to a NAS Drive which can then be streamed around the house via a multi-room system. I am sorted with the multi-room system but I am struggling to find a devic that will let me record to a NAS drive in a stream-able format i.e wmf, divx etc etc.

Any ideas?

JeffD

Evening all.

I am trying to find a method of recording freeview transmissions to a NAS Drive which can then be streamed around the house via a multi-room system. I am sorted with the multi-room system but I am struggling to find a devic that will let me record to a NAS drive in a stream-able format i.e wmf, divx etc etc.

Any ideas?
You don't say what type of multi-room system you have, but assuming it's PC based then you maybe able to make use of something like HDHR3-DT « Welcome to SiliconDust which is a network connected tuner which will record to a NAS as well as provide live TV to any PC connected to the network.

brookheather

Distinguished Member
If you have a PC that can act as a server you can replace your NAS with the PC and add a Freeview PCI card and install something like MediaPortal which will allow you to schedule recordings from any other PC, the recordings will be stored on the server PC and could then be streamed to your other devices.

MEDIAPORTAL - a HTPC Media Center for free!

- Simon.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom