Record DVD+R disc to NTSC DVD disc - HOW?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by chrisjoanne, Jun 22, 2004.

1. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

I'm looking to copy a recorded DVD+R disc (some footage from PAL TV) from my Philips DVDR70 recorder and copy this to a disc so a guy in America can play the disc back via NTSC.

I've also tried DVD shrink and Nero and I received error messages. It seems fine if I want to back up an original but to copy a +R seems impossible.

My DVD recorder for my computer is a Pioneer which can copy and read +r/+rw and -r/-rw.

I've also tried to capture the footage on my capture card - Pinnacle DC10 plus but the picture is black and white and quality quite poor.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Cheers
    Chris

2. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    You need a PAL to NTSC standards convertor and a recorder that will record NTSC.
    The stand-alone Pioneers sold in the UK will record in either PAL or NTSC format and standards convertors are widely available.
    Normally PCs in the US will play PAL discs OK, but their stand-alone DVD players usually don't, unfortunately.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    The PAL>NTSC conversion can be done with software on a PC.

You will need to rip the CD files onto the PC HDD.
    Convert the PAL to NTSC with a program such as Canopus Procoder (costs from ~£50 depending on version bought).
    Then author and burn to another DVD disk.

If going the hardware route from standalone player/recorder you will need a digital standards converter that will cost £200+ and can be found from places such as www.keene.co.uk

Mark.

4. RBJTech

RBJTech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    For a one off, I suggest using freeware programs such as TMPGenc to do the conversion - this question has been answered many times before and guides are available at www.videohelp.com - a HUGE forum for video conversion etc.

5. chrisjoanne

chrisjoanne
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    thanks for the links - ill take a look.