• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Record DVD from Sky + whilst watching something else.

Hi all, sorry I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times but couldn't find it on the search or FAQ's

I just got a DVD recorder and can't see any obvious way of recording off the Sky plus planner whilst watch something live off the TV or something else on the planner - I guess to do this you need to split the output across the scarts....is this poss at all ?

If not that's a bit pants isn't it ? :thumbsdow

Many thanks in advance.. !

Pete

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
whatever is output from the sky tuner is what you get to watch, so if you are playing something to record to disc/tape, then you have to watch that too....Sky+ may have two tuners, but still only one output....

if you want to watch something, if the DVD recorder has a built in tuner either analogue or freeview, then you should be able to watch something while its recording, i think.....possibly...lol.....you can certainly plug a rooftop cable in to a normal TV and watch that anyhow...heh

edit: oh the reason sky only outputs one thing from its boxes is simple, people wouldnt pay a tenner a month for multiroom otherwise....lol

Nick_UK

Banned
Knyght_byte said:
whatever is output from the sky tuner is what you get to watch, so if you are playing something to record to disc/tape, then you have to watch that too....Sky+ may have two tuners, but still only one output....

More importantly, it has only one decoder, so can only decode one data source at a time.

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
Nick_UK said:
More importantly, it has only one decoder, so can only decode one data source at a time.

aye, thats what i meant to put for the output thing but the word escaped me...lol...

that time last night i was high on a KFC Pepsi and 3 cans of Rubicon Exotic, one Mango, two Passion fruit...lol

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom