record 3 different channels on 3 vcrs

S

sasskas

... just for the record... i'm an interior designer, so there you have it! i don't know how to do this stuff :)

here's my problem. i have a box, and a 3-way splitter leading to it. i need to record three separate programs, on three separate channels, at the same time. none of the shows in question are on premium channels.

i'm either mentally challenged, or i'm doing something wrong. but then again, it seems that my cable company's cust support guys may be having the same problem.--scratch--scratch...

all three vcrs are hooked up to a respective tv set... and i've supposedly managed to untangle the jungle of cables leading from the box into the vcrs.

this probably sounds incredibly dumb to all of you, but you try bringing into sync a pair of victorian pillows with a pathetic multicolor tassel trim with a nasty looking art deco lamp and an eames sectional...

pls help
thanks!:confused:

The short answer is: you will need three cable boxes!

Alternatively, assuming you have an aerial, record from Analogue Terrestrial Television on two of them and use the third for the cable channel.

DaveP

What DaveP has said is correct.
A cable box can only output 1 channel at a time. If you change the channel when watching cable, you change on the box, not the TV.

I am on Digital NTL but they still provide unscrambled terrestrial channels down the same line. I therefore have split the signal before the NTL box and then rejoint it after the box.

This means I can watch terrestrials without the NTL box being turned on or more usefully I can record/watch any of the terrestrials whilst recording/watching a cable channel.

... all so much for your reply! I have managed to figure it all out. The last reply is pretty close to what I had to do in order to get the system working for me this time.

Thanks again and have a good one!
A:blush: :) :clown:

Originally posted by ScottyToo
I am on Digital NTL but they still provide unscrambled terrestrial channels down the same line. I therefore have split the signal before the NTL box and then rejoint it after the box.

This means I can watch terrestrials without the NTL box being turned on or more usefully I can record/watch any of the terrestrials whilst recording/watching a cable channel.

I am also on NTL Digital and can do the above but I haven't split the cable. I have the wall socket cabled directly to the STB and then out of the STB into a VCR and on to the TV. No problem, watch BBC1 etc, record a cable channel or vice versa.

David

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom