record 2, watch 1?

Druboo

Novice Member
:smashin: Just tried it ..... Never knew that before

Jeff186

Standard Member
I was told that this werent poss by the engineer that installed my sky plus and have never tried it coz i didnt want to mess up my recordings too still feel a bit un-easy about trying it

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Jeff186 said:
I was told that this werent poss by the engineer that installed my sky plus and have never tried it coz i didnt want to mess up my recordings too still feel a bit un-easy about trying it
I believe its a documented feature in the manual at least it is in the supplement I received with my Sky magazine shortly after they introduced dual recording. By the way mostly they are not engineers (college course trained) merely installers (with a week or two's training ) or "ladder monkies" as some qualified engineers call them

Jules

I use this feature quite alot. Don't worry about screwing up your recordings... it works brilliantly.
Sky+ is the easiest to use PVR on the planet. I just object to paying to use it.. so I've switched to a Freeview PVR.

Jules

Topfield 5800.
Excellent machine bar the S-Video socket which isn't a true S-Video socket as per another thread I started.

However, functionally the Topfield is very nearly as good as Sky+ with one major advantage.... the recordings can be transferred to a PC down a USB cable.
This means you can make 'perfect' DVD recordings of the broadcast picture.

Most programmes take up about 1.5Gb per hour, which means you get nearly 3 hours of broadcast quality programmes on to 1 DVD-R.
That is so much better than Sky+ to a DVD-R machine... and quicker too!
And its free!

The next step is convincing my parents to do the same. They are getting old and find the Sky+ remote control easy to use.
At 75 years old, I'm not sure they could make the switch to the Topfield.

Personally, I should have ditched Sky+ months ago... would have saved a fortune!

Rambaud

Standard Member
Jules said:
Topfield 5800.
Excellent machine bar the S-Video socket which isn't a true S-Video socket as per another thread I started.

However, functionally the Topfield is very nearly as good as Sky+ with one major advantage.... the recordings can be transferred to a PC down a USB cable.
This means you can make 'perfect' DVD recordings of the broadcast picture.

Most programmes take up about 1.5Gb per hour, which means you get nearly 3 hours of broadcast quality programmes on to 1 DVD-R.
That is so much better than Sky+ to a DVD-R machine... and quicker too!
And its free!
I assume you can transfer from the Topfield to a 4Gb USB memory stick also? Or a USB external drive?

Top Bottom