1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Reconstruction" on DVD now

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by LeftCoast, May 3, 2005.

1. LeftCoast

LeftCoast

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you haven't heard of this film already, here's a flattering clip from NY Times reviewer Elvis Mitchell:

"The Director Christoffer Boe's RECONSTRUCTION, which won the best-debut prize at Cannes, darts through a puzzle of a story about love and loss of identity in abstract and literal terms. His confidence with the medium and his demanding material leads to a deeply satisfying film." -Elvis Mitchell, The New York Times

I probably wouldn't have even heard of this film if it hadn't been for a friend with connections at Universal -- this really is one of the most original takes on a love story that I've seen since Eternal Sunshine...and the cinematography is excellent (I'm pretty sure it got a Cannes prize for that as well) -- basically takes the story of a man who falls in love, and then watches his life around him fall apart. He suddenly finds himself in a bad dream, like the one where you're falling into darkness and you're trying to wake up, but you can't...

In addition, both actors do a stunning job and share a lot of chemistry -- it's an odd juxtaposition between a Hollywood classic and a twisted nightmare.

Hmm, I guess if this was a review from Ebert & Roper, I would give it :thumbsup: However, I would also give that same rating to a bunch of lousy films as well.

Jamie