1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reconnecting panny e55 ,tv , sky+ and getting the settings right.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by la gran siete, May 27, 2005.

1. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Deep in the bowels of sussex where the angloargies
    Ratings:
    +1,763
    I recently disconnecxted by dvd rexcorder ion order to use mt VCXR for the lst time anbd am now completly foxed bercause I cant remember the right connections foir dvd recodreder or the right settings ( I know its not as per instructions). Currently I have the Sky+Tv scart connected to AV2 on tv and the other scart output to one of the scart sockets on the back of the dvd recorder( the second DVD rec.scart output is connected to AV1 on tv). AV2 works fine as does AV1 when the dvd recorder is off. As soon as I switch the latter on I only get a terrertrial picture( no sky) which means I cant copy anythging from sky.Any answers?

2. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,763
    This is most confusing. I think I've got the connections right in fact it is as was first suggested to me ( and not as per instructions manual) ie satelite AV out into AV1 ( at the back of recorder) and then AV2 decoder ext( back of recorder) into AV1 on back of tv. Ive tried swapping the leads with the same result.Pressing the input select button gives me AV1 - terrestrial picture/sound. Pressing AV2 gives me sky sound but no picture.?????
    I'm wondering whether I should retune the recorder?
    My settings are AV1 output RGB and AV2 input RGB

3. poinsy

poinsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Couldn't quite follow your connections, but I would suggest:

Sky TV out to DVD Recorder Decoder SCART (typically AV2)
    DVD Recorder TV SCART (typically AV1) to TV

You also need to set the AV2 input to match the output from Sky, which oddly enough is “Normal” and NOT Decoder.

You should also ensure that RGB is being delivered from the Sky box (Services / System Setup / Picture Settings / Video Output). When I have told the DVD Recorder to expect an incoming RGB from Sky, but then turn RGB off via Sky’s menu, I experience sound but no picture as you described, but oddly enough, only when the DVD recorder is switched on.

This way, you can record and watch Sky using RGB, and leaves a spare SCART for something else.

Hope this helps.

4. la gran siete

la gran siete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,763
    Got it! I WENT AV recorder( video) into AV 2 on ther back of the tv and and sateliteAV1 (rgb) inot the back of the recorder (which is set on AV2 on the inpout select)