• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

reconfigure LE26R41BD remote buttons

Y

yod9999

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to reconfigure the buttons on the samsung remote control in any way using the service menus? I normally use either DTV or the PC input on my TV, and it's a pain in the arse using the menus every time I want to change to the PC input. Ideally I'd like to reconfigure the remote so that the TV button (which never gets used) maps to the PC input.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Neil

Eddy_mc

Standard Member
I wold not think so, you could call samsung and ask, but I'm sure tehy will say no, you would be better off getting a universal remote.

Eddy

Y

yod9999

problem is that i'm not sure i could do it with a universal remote, as i want a button that takes me straight to the pc input, and whilst there may be a code for that, i've not way of finding it out. i might be able to create some kind of macro using a universal remote to press the buttons for me, but i imagine that watching it go through the menus automatically would be almost as annoying as doing it manually. might try contacting samsung, but i'm not hoping for too much...

cheers

andrewfee

Prominent Member
You can't do this via the service menus, but isn't there a "PC" button on the remote? There was one on the remote for my LE32R41BX.

As PC is the last input, pressing the AV button should (I assume) take you back to DTV. (mine did not have a digital tuner)

If I remember correctly, the button is below the panel that pulls down.

Eddy_mc

Standard Member
Hold on a moment there is one, on the bottom of the remote there is a pull down door, in the top right of this section there is a button named pc, that is your VGA connection.

Eddy

Y

yod9999

i did so want it to be the case, but it looks like you guys must have a different remote to me (see the attachment). must be the difference between the digital and non-digital versions...

cheers anyway

Attachments

• remote.JPG
    remote.JPG
    48.5 KB · Views: 83

NackNack

Banned
Yeah, that's different to my 26". The colour buttons for me are from left to right: Dual, S.Mode, SRS and P.Mode.

Down from that in the pull down area is TWO sets of buttons: Auto Prog., Add/Del, P.Size, PC

Then: Source, Swap, Size, Position.

Smiffy 2

Prominent Member
andrewfee said:
Quick question though - does DNIe turn DNIe on/off, or just dynamic contrast or something?

I think you will find that DNIe is ALWAYS on.....the DNIe button just lets you see what it would be like if it didn't have it....(does that make sense?)
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Y

yod9999

the other remote might work, but then i'd probably be missing the DTV button :eek:

never mind, i was just thinking of ways to be even lazier than i already am!

smiffy2 - i think you're right about the DNIe button. i'm sure you must be able to turn it off in the menus, but i've never had any complaints about the picture so i've never bothered to try and work out how

Eddy_mc

Standard Member
Yea thats different, My remote is BN59-00454 if you want to ask samsung for a replacement, have you a source button?, you can go through the sources and get to PC mode using that.

Eddy

clockworks

Prominent Member
It's possible to have discrete input selection, but only if you buy a programmable remote, like a Pronto.
I downloaded the codes for each input from remotecentral.com, and copied them into a file, which I then programmed into my Pronto. I can now go directly to any input, without cycling through them with the "source" button.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom