1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reconditioned TV's. Urgent advice needed.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Godzooky, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Godzooky

Godzooky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have recently seen some reconditioned TV's at a very reasonable price. The company selling them is UNREPEATABLE.CO.UK.

Has anyone ever heard of or dealt with them? Does anyone have a re-conditioned or refurbished TV? Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I bought a Reconditioned SONY 21inch televideo from Granada/Radio Rentals/Box Clever It was £160 and well woth it, it came witha 3 month Warranty, I turned down the extended warranty option and think as long as they are reputable dealers you should have no more problem than a new one, of course the reduced warranty may be an issue.

3. bh

bh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The length of the warranty will probably tell you something about the expected life of the reconditioned TV. Might be worth asking what has been replaced.

If it's a stop gap option then it's worth considering.

Can't comment on the company, sorry.

Good luck.

4. harry66

harry66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Unrepeatable.co.uk appears to be unbeatable.co.uk by a different name (check the postal address of both!)
    Most comments about unbeatable.co.uk service are positive.

5. D J Fryer

D J Fryer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I received my 32FX65 from unrepeatable last week - good delivery time and the price paid was excellent (less than half RRP) - all well boxed with instructions and (cosmetically) in brand spanking new condition even though it was decsribed as having some marks (I am yet to find them?)

However see my thread for a problem I have with the set (hopefully no biggy) - obviously if it needs to be returned I can then comment on their CS :D

6. Markster

Markster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Reconditioned tv's are not always the bargains they seem. A guy at work bought one from unrepeatable but 2 months later had a number of problems with it. he had to send it off to be looked at and was without the tv for quite a while he was really ****ed off and had to borrow a 14" !!!!.

He got it back and within a few weeks had more problems, he sold it on in the end to some poor unsuspecting sod.

I think buying a reconditioned unit is more luck than anything.

I also think the bidding on that site is a bit suspicious take the sony36" tv which has only one day to go, the required bid increment amount is £20 however someone called kbadial apparently suddenly decided to up the bid by £140 today instead of his required £20, very strange, call me cynical but kbadial wouldnt be a name in unrepeatables sales dept by any chance!!!!