1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended viewing (neck) angle

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by JohnCCFC, Feb 21, 2005.

1. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I always thought our TVs were supposed to be just a little below our eye-level (for neck-strain reasons). People are wall mounting their plasmas, or above fireplace mounting, and brackets often come with a tilt mechanism for when fitted higher up. Are there implications for mounting the panel high up in terms of strain (eye or neck) or other?

2. Nostromo426

Nostromo426
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Panny TH-50PHD7 has been mounted on wall - 48" from floor to bottom of plasma with a viewing distance of 12' and very slightly tilted.

I used a Unicol tilting bracket - a good unit IMO as you can adjust the screen without having to undo/loosen any bolts - just hold the screen and tilt.

Been in for 2 weeks now and had no problems with neck or eye strain from anyone in the family.

3. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Does it feel like a nice height

4. brendan_dj

brendan_dj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I've drawn a large rectacle on our wall at the size and height of our new display. ( the walls will be plastered and painted so drawing on it first wont hurt)

Yes, our plasma will be above a fireplace. The bottom of my drawn rectangle is 1.20 metres above the floor.

I've been looking at my graffiti on the wall for about a week now, longing and wishing it to be replaced soon with an actual plasma.

I must say that it is very comfortable indeed. No neck strain whatsoever.
    A perfect comfortable height

Brendan

EDIT: PS.... I must add that I am an astronomer and study the stars quite often. Some nights I can be looking close to the Zenith (straight-up) for long periods of time and get no strain. Perhaps Im just used to it