Recommended Video Sender (that doesn't interfere with WiFi).

M

MacNewbie

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a Video Sender that doesn't interfere with a nearby wireless network?. I've tried Video Senders from Tesco, Argos and most recently Aldi however all of them suffer badly from interference whilst using my wireless network.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Did you try changing channels on the wireless network to see if you could find a channel that avoided this ?

Chris Muriel, Manchester

M

MacNewbie

Did you try changing channels on the wireless network to see if you could find a channel that avoided this ?

Chris Muriel, Manchester
Hi Chris, Thank you for your reply. Good point. No I've not tried this. Shall give this a try. Changed channels on Video Sender but not on wireless network. Guessed that changing channels on Video Senders was adequate but guess that this is not.

Edited: 01:30am 14th Dec 06.

Tried several different channels for wireless network without avail. Does anyone know what frequencies Video Senders generally transmit over so that I've an idea of what channels on my wireless network to avoid?. Four channels are in the range of 2.4000GHz to 2.4835GHz from what I've read on another forum post but I'm not sure if these are video sender manufacture or device specific.

Thank you.

Kind Regards.

ColdKilla

I am also after one of these as I have a motorised sat in one room and I want to send the signal elsewhere but have a wireless network too!

CK

SamRadford

Novice Member
It may be possible to set the antennas to opposite polarisations to minimise the interference. You might also be able to shield them with aluminium foil to make them very directional.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom