Recommended used 4k projectors

Bradleysteenkamp

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Earlier this year I ditched my entry level Epson 4k projector in favour of a Samsung qled 85" TV. Picture is great but I'm seriously thinking about a 2.40:1 screen with projector and speakers behind the screen.

Does anyone have any recommendations for used 4k projectors in the sub £2500 price range?

My room is a dedicated theater space and is nice and dark. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Epson 9400 is a great projector for the price.

Epson 9400 is a great projector for the price.
Thanks, yes I'd been looking at those.

There is currently a JVC RS440 in the classified sections for a very good price. From what I understand these were really good projectors when they were release.

Dont forget to make sure it fits your space first. Projector central have a calculator. But you probably know that..i think jvc or epson or sony? What is the budget?

Dont forget to make sure it fits your space first. Projector central have a calculator. But you probably know that..i think jvc or epson or sony? What is the budget?
Thanks yeah I've been looking at a variety of online tools to check sizing etc.

The screen will likely be 120 inch 2.35:1

I'd say budget up to £2000 might stretch a bit further if its worth it!

Hi everyone,

Earlier this year I ditched my entry level Epson 4k projector in favour of a Samsung qled 85" TV. Picture is great but I'm seriously thinking about a 2.40:1 screen with projector and speakers behind the screen.

Does anyone have any recommendations for used 4k projectors in the sub £2500 price range?

My room is a dedicated theater space and is nice and dark. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

X7900/X7500 > X5900/X5500 > 9400 > 9300

In that order of how good they are.

If you don't need many lumens an LS10500 would probably slip in the middle of the JVCs and the normal Epsons.

Thanks, yes I'd been looking at those.

There is currently a JVC RS440 in the classified sections for a very good price. From what I understand these were really good projectors when they were release.

That 5900 will far surpass the 9400 in a decent room. Its a very good deal. I'd take it.

X7900s go for £2100-£2700. An X5900 will give most of the PQ of an X7900 for a big chunk cheaper.

That 5900 will far surpass the 9400 in a decent room. Its a very good deal. I'd take it.

X7900s go for £2100-£2700. An X5900 will give most of the PQ of an X7900 for a big chunk cheaper.
Fantastic thanks so much for the advice.

Any thoughts on rather holding out for a native 4k projector or perhaps a laser (lot more money I know!)

Fantastic thanks so much for the advice.

Any thoughts on rather holding out for a native 4k projector or perhaps a laser (lot more money I know!)

If your budget can stretch to one, it’s be a great upgrade but you won’t get one for 2.5k.

Your best bet would be an n5 or n7 for 4-5.5k second hand.

If you can stretch to that, go for it.

A Sony vw760es would be a good option but again, that’s going to be 5k.

Ls12000 does not come close in contrast to the jvc x5900 so it’s be a bit of a trade off and isn’t native 4k

If your budget can stretch to one, it’s be a great upgrade but you won’t get one for 2.5k.

Your best bet would be an n5 or n7 for 4-5.5k second hand.

If you can stretch to that, go for it.

A Sony vw760es would be a good option but again, that’s going to be 5k.

Ls12000 does not come close in contrast to the jvc x5900 so it’s be a bit of a trade off and isn’t native 4k
Thanks really appreciate the advice and will help my search

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom