1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended upgrade to Panny 5-Series?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by GlynH, Jul 3, 2005.

1. GlynH

GlynH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The time has come to upgrade my trusty Panasonic 42" Series 5...

Now that I have a DVD-A11 with DVI-output I wish to take advantage of this connection.

I do not really want a Plasma TV such as the PV500 - would prefer a display only device with no TV Tuner or speakers.

As mentioned above I want to use the DVI connection from the DVD player but also need to retain the Component connection.

Might go with the Sky HD box when it is available but unsure as to what connector it will use - if it is DVI how would I connect it to the plasma if I was already using the DVI output from the DVD player?

Read briefly about the Panny HDM8 but a Google search throws up nothing about a plasma but a half-dome housing for a CCTV camera.

What display only devices would be suitable currently and what may be in the pipeline for release later this year?

Thanks & regards,
    -=Glyn=-

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Wait for the 8 series due in August or go for a Fujitsu P50XHA40US Panny 8th gen glass as far as i know and very nice too