Recommended tv for PS5

TEROKNOR

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!

I’m looking to see what people’s thoughts are on what a good tv to use with a PS5.
Obviously I need it to have HDMI 2.1 ALLM VRR, size around 49”

I mainly interested to see what have so I can make a decision on what to get.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
We have an LG Oled, looks great and has excellent gaming support..

We have an LG Oled, looks great and has excellent gaming support..
I’ve been looking at the LG LG OLED48CX or LG Nano85 / Nano86

To confirm, we have the 2021 CX model..

Iv got a Sammy Q85r (65) and a LG Nano 86 (55)
all tho some say the Nano isn't that good i don't mind it at all.
picture may not be the best , but im happy with it.

I have a Sony xh9505. Great for movies and games

I have the LG BX 55 and the PS5 it's stunning. For streaming you do require good download speed for a good picture. The Expanse (sci-fi) on Amazon Prime is stunning.

Sorry to sound ignorant (I’ve been out of the game for a while) but what’s the difference between the CX, BX and C8? And am I correct in that that are all LG??

plus I don’t suppose I could get full model numbers too?? 😁

Iv got a Sammy Q85r (65) and a LG Nano 86 (55)
all tho some say the Nano isn't that good i don't mind it at all.
picture may not be the best , but im happy with it.
Nano will be fine for 4K 120 fps, just not very good for HDR. Disable HDR on the console and play gloriously in 4K 60 fps SDR and/or 120fps (with graphical reductions usually) where available.

Sorry to sound ignorant (I’ve been out of the game for a while) but what’s the difference between the CX, BX and C8? And am I correct in that that are all LG??

they are all old models which you cant buy anymore

Correct, all of those are LG. The first letter lets you know where the model sits vs the rest of their line e.g. C1 > B1 > A1... top of the line being Z1. The number after the letter corresponds to the year of release: C8 = 2018, CX = 2020, C1 = 2021. I have no idea what the improvements are as you go up the line, you can easily find comparison sites online though which will tell you.

The exact model number of my CX is LG OLED55CX5LB, last 3 characters don't mean all that much as far as I know. Currys were selling the OLED55CX6LA & I believe the only difference between that and my model is the colour of the base/stand.

Nano will be fine for 4K 120 fps, just not very good for HDR. Disable HDR on the console and play gloriously in 4K 60 fps SDR and/or 120fps (with graphical reductions usually) where available.
It might of been your self recommending do that a few months ago , and i'm sure i did try it ( and left it turned off ) can't remember turning it back on..
for the small amount of time i actually use the TV it does a decent job ( few hours here and there for gaming ) it does me well.
if i was looking for the best picture then the OLED's come out on top...

hey everyone,

What are peoples thoughts on the TCL tv’s are they good for use with the PS5?

Thanks in advance.

Any thoughts???

Any thoughts???
Save your money towards something decent. Even LG base model will probably be a much better option for not a massive amount more.

Save your money towards something decent. Even LG base model will probably be a much better option for not a massive amount more.
I have been looking at the C1 models from LG which I am impressed with, I’m just seeing what other options are out there.

One of the main issues with led lcd is that it simply doesn't feel as fluid as an oled. I've been berated by certain people who have bought into inferior technologies for being an oled fanboy, when the simple truth is they just aren't as capable.
Now we know why. As Vincent points out, it's simply a case of pixel response time, and not input lag.

Hi.

With the LG C1 tvs will I be losing out on any gaming video features eg. VRR, ALLM when used with the PS5?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom