Recommended TV for new buyer?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by ½pint, Sep 3, 2007.

Tags:
  1. ½pint

½pint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    Firstly sorry for posting this thread - I'm sure you get plenty of these kinds of threads, so if you want to just redirect me to responses elsewhere then that is more than good enough for me. I am new here and couldn't see anything in the stickies which help me out here (I know the specs I want, I just don't know which TVs best fit my requirements).

I'm looking for a small-ish LCD TV (26-32 inch, leaning towards 32 inch) that can output at 1080p. I don't need the TV to have speakers and would prefer it if the TV had a VGA or DVI input so I can plug my PC into it.

Also, are there any good offerings from Panasonic, Toshiba or Sharp? (I can get corporate discount from these places).
    That's about it, I'll be lurking here if there are any more questions I should answer.
    Thanks
    Jon

2. robfosters

robfosters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Are you sure you need 1080p?

Under 42 inches, it's extremely hard to notice a difference between 1080i and 1080p. Your wallet will take less of hit if you stick with 1080i.

3. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    At 32" there are no 1080p tv's in europe(only in USA).So if you want 1080p you must take 37" at least!!!Whats your viewing distance?

4. davejm

davejm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    The extra detail that you'll get viewing 1080p content on a 32" set just isn't going to be noticible unless you're viewing really close in, and even using it with a PC at 1280x1080 is going to be such a high resolution relative to the size of the panel, you'd need to be sat right in front of it.

If that's still what you're after, than you may need to look for a PC monitor and then turn your PC into a full on media center with TV tuner, Bluray drive etc.