recommended sub for under £200

orangepeel

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests I'm after a sub for my current set up...for under the £200 mark, hopefully less if I can find a second hand bargain or sale deal.
Music is more important than movies here. I mainly listen to electrioncia so want a punchy, fast sub that'll pick the range of bass in the tracks. You don't want to know what i'm currently using! Here's my set up to help with the matchmaking...

x4 Monitor Audio R90's
Marantz SR6000
*Awful Grundig subwoofer*

My room size is approx 5m x 4m.

Was leaning towards a BK Gemini II, good reviews etc but is there anything else I should be considering?

Thanks all

Thanks for those suggestions guys.

Would very much welcome suggestions on models that are particulary suited to music and also one that handle midbass really well too. Actually can anyone give me tips on what spec/tech details suitable subs should have?

Ta very much!

Thanks for those suggestions guys.

Would very much welcome suggestions on models that are particulary suited to music and also one that handle midbass really well too. Actually can anyone give me tips on what spec/tech details suitable subs should have?

Ta very much!
BK Gemini 2 is reputed to be a very good music & AV sub for under £200 :thumbsup:

Also,it's got independent high and low level inputs with separate gain and frequency controls to enable the use of Hi-Fi and AV connections simultaneously from the same amp :thumbsup:

Do a search on here for BK Gemini 2,there is a few threads with reviews & opinions,all of them good :)

I'm looking at getting a sub soon & it will almost certanlu be a Gemini 2 or a BK XLS200 if I can stretch to the extra £100

Last edited:
BK Gemini 2 is reputed to be a very good music & AV sub for under £200 :thumbsup:

Also,it's got independent high and low level inputs with separate gain and frequency controls to enable the use of Hi-Fi and AV connections simultaneously from the same amp :thumbsup:

Do a search on here for BK Gemini 2,there is a few threads with reviews & opinions,all of them good :)

I'm looking at getting a sub soon & it will almost certanlu be a Gemini 2 or a BK XLS200 if I can stretch to the extra £100

Thanks for that, good to hear another recommendation for the gemini. Excuse my ignorance but how would you connect both low and high level inputs? The amp obviously has the sub out (low level) but how do you connect the high level?

As you may have guessed i'm pretty new to this subwoofer scene!

Cheers!:thumbsup:

If you want a cheap sub for music mainly why not look into a second hand

mj acoustics pro 50 ? or the newer pro 100 ?
They are renowned for their musicality and tight bass.
Got one myself (not for sale!!!)

If you advertised on here, probably pick one up for £100 or less ?

Last edited:
Thanks for that, good to hear another recommendation for the gemini. Excuse my ignorance but how would you connect both low and high level inputs? The amp obviously has the sub out (low level) but how do you connect the high level?

As you may have guessed i'm pretty new to this subwoofer scene!

Cheers!:thumbsup:
With BK subs you can simultaniously connect high & low level inputs,the low level is via the LFE/SUB out from the amp & the high level is connected from the L & R Stereo front speaker outputs,joined into the cable to your speakers. :thumbsup:

Load's of info on the BK website: Sub Woofers :smashin:

Cheers J.C. All clear now. :smashin:

Just hope I can get the funds together to get one of these little babies. Otherwise may have to look for a second hand alternative for a few quid less.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom