Question Recommended stereo amp and AVR

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by AudioAlien89, Jul 22, 2018.

1. AudioAlien89

AudioAlien89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hello guys and gals, I would like some recommendations for a stereo amp and an AVR. My budget is 1300 euros and my current setup is a Pioneer a 10k and a Denon 2400h. I currently upgraded to the monitor audio silver 300 floorstanders from a Dali zensor setup comprising of a center Vokal channel and zensor 1 fronts which would explain the entry level stereo amp and AVR. I know I should upgrade to get the full potential of my setup which currently is a BK XLS 200 sub (I plan to get another one soon) and bronze fx surrounds. The fronts are the silver 300 as stated. I have had a look at a few amps such as arcam, Cambridge audio, nad and roksan. The have not a whole lot of experience when it comes to audio as I was always a pc hardware guy (my experience surrounds headphones really). Any recommendations are really welcome and previous experiences with amps or speakers are helpful also.

2. Rambles

Rambles
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,153
    Hi. The Denon 2400 doesn't have pre-outs for adding external amplification, so that makes things a bit tricky. How do you have the two amps integrated at the moment?

Are you using the system for music and movies?

3. AudioAlien89

AudioAlien89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Yeah I am 50/50 music/movie guy. Sadly I have no preouts as mentioned so I have to switch front cables from the avr to the stereo amp just to listen to music. Lately I have been using the heos app with tidal hifi using pure direct on the avr because I hate switching cables.

4. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,358
  5. AudioAlien89

AudioAlien89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    It's a good concept but I would rather stick to having pre outs on an AVR going to a stereo amp.

6. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,358
    Both SACD player for music quality connected to the Rega and the Denon by pre-outs works very well with just a press of a button the Rega's remote. Could never to back to listening to stereo music with just an AVR, simply not good enough.

7. AudioAlien89

AudioAlien89
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Agreed, playing music through my avr even though it is hifi on tidal is still not justifiable using my silver 300.