1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended software for DVD +-R?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by nfordenfield, Jul 26, 2003.

1. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just taken the plunge and ordered a Pioneer 106 dvd+-r and as I have very little knowledge with backing up software/burning, what have people had sucess with that i could easily pick up?

2. TEK

TEK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Depends what you want to backup really. I tend to only use Prassi Primo DVD these days but I don't believe the A06/106 is recognised on it so you'd have to use RecordNow with the latest PX Engine updates (same thing basically but updated)

A lot of people still use Nero but I've never found it that great with my 104 and Panny LSD311 :(

I'm not sure about +R but for -R you should stick with discs using a Ritek dye (G03 or G04) for best results IMHO. I've had great success with console backups and DVD-Video with these (mainly Traxdata) and have stopped buying the more expensive Verbatim that I used to swear by. I'd really advise you stay away from the real cheapies, especially Princo dyes which you find on many discs inlcuding some Datawrite/Datasafe... you gets what you pay for so check out the info on them before buying

A good supplier for media is http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk

3. 50/50

50/50
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dvd2one is good for 1:1 backups. Sadly not every type of dvd is copyable.

4. TEK

TEK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD2One is great as is Pinnacle Instant Copy. DVD Shrink is supposed to be quite good and is free but I haven't used it yet as there are sometimes still a few problems with the results, especially regarding lockups on the layer break

Unless the original DVD-Video is a single layer (DVD5) which is very rare these days then it is not going to be a 1:1 backup as something has to either go or be downsampled. And you'll still need software to actually burn the backup

5. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    RecordNow (Very reliable good burning program)