Recommended screen retailers for recessed AT screen.

Harkon321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to price up a recessed AT screen for a living room.

Around 92" I think, no bigger. Can go a bit smaller.

Any recommendations on places to go?

Electric, recessing it between ceiling joists. Ideally after a proper recessed one with cover not just a cut slot in plasterboard.

Tab Tensioned or not isn't a deal breaker either way, it'll depend what I can afford. Trying to find someone that does an audio transparent electric screen in a recessed case though...

Hi

Does that mean you could quote? If so could you drop me a message?? Thanks

Electric, recessing it between ceiling joists. Ideally after a proper recessed one with cover not just a cut slot in plasterboard.

Tab Tensioned or not isn't a deal breaker either way, it'll depend what I can afford. Trying to find someone that does an audio transparent electric screen in a recessed case though...

this is a simple order but we need to know a budget so we can try to help you

Allan

I hadn't realised that you could get an AT drop down screen these days. I suppose that gain wouldn't be more than 1.0 though? I'm wondering how much longer my Beamax will last as I've had it 6+ years and one day I fear it won't come down (or go back up), so it's handy to know of possible options, especially if tab tensioned and 2.35:1 options are available.

DRH are great, expensive screens are a waste compared to a painted screen or a cheap screen.

They'll do you custom drop length and size and you'll pay about £150ish. Can't go wrong

I disagree re the cheap screens. After a few months they start to wrinkle and/or curl. I know, I went from a Greywolf to the Beamax and it was night and day difference; flat as the day I bought it (6-7 years ago now) and no texture so the image just 'appears' in space, not looking like it has a 'gauze' in front when panning.

I appreciate that my Beamax cost more than that some cheaper DLP projectors, but I feel it was worth it. However, I am intrigued by the possibility of an AT drop down screen if such a thing exists. I had a search after my post yesterday and didn't find much apart from screen with AT fabric in the black areas (ie at the top, which is useless in my set up).

Kelvin....screen research do drop down acoustic transparent screens....i'm sure Ricky does some as well. The gain depends on the material used of course. Just ask a competent retailer and they will supply you with quotes for different price levels of screen based on your requirement....at least that's what i'd do....

Thanks Gordon. I should be going to Ricky's place soon for the open day, so I'll have a chat with him then. Just couldn't help trying to do a bit web research as I'm full of cold at the moment and not much else to do.

Seymour AT Centre Stage XD or UF takes some beating Kelvin, that's if it can be beaten, its what I spec on more or less every AT installation and I`ve no complaints so far

Allan :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom