1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommended retailers list... Where has it gone?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by lurker75, Mar 21, 2005.

1. lurker75

lurker75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was looking for information on Korean DVD retailers and I thought I would checkout the recommended retailers list. To my horror it has vanished, can somebody tell me where it has gone? :confused:

I found that recommended list invaluable as it is/was full of recommendations from forum users of DVD retailers from every region!

Has Movietyme stamped their authority and demanded its removal or is this just a genuine mistake? :mad:

2. StevieStatic

StevieStatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    It,s been moved to the Other DVD Topics Thread.

It took me ages to find it !

3. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Like to share with us the reasoning by this comment?... completly out the blue and totally uncalled for... sitting here minding my own business seeing what fluff, if any, i have in my belly button and i have to read this!

Not only does it insult the owners of this site it also insults MovieTyme for thinking that we would ask for such a thing (which we wouldn't) - so instead of asking for your post to be edited (for now) i would like to ask for you to explain the thought process that went into making such a post :rolleyes: :mad:

4. lurker75

lurker75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reasoning Craig is because I see lots of adverts and a forum section for Movietyme while the recommended retailers list which contains your competitors being recommended by other forum users has recently disappeared. I also seem to remember somewhere reading that Movietyme contributes money to this forum. Maybe I'm wrong and I apologise for the implication but it does seem strange to remove such a valuable thread where people would expect to see it.

5. lurker75

lurker75

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  6. Roughneck1

Roughneck1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok no worries dude.

Yes we do pay alot of money and do other things for this site but it means that we have no more power over content than anyother company that has nothing to do with this site.
    Even when we had our own forum here we had to make it as unbiased as possible...

Rest assured we have no say in what happens on here.

7. NinjaKi11a

NinjaKi11a
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Craig, the link in your sig doesn't work. :)

Must say I'd never heard of Movietyme till I read this thread. Dunno how much you guys contribute to this site, but you just got a new customer from it.

8. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Talk about jumping to conclusions! :eek:

Just to reiterate what Craig said - nobody other than the site administrator (Stuart Wright) makes decisions about the content of this site.

9. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +562
    I too will keep an eye on the movietyme site, I'd like to support people who support this forum....PJ

PS your link works now! :)

10. Damo121

Damo121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Never heard of Movietyme!

:lesson: Shame on you. They are in my opinion the best for R1 DVD's, and its a pitty that their forum page has gone.

Damo :)