1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended non HD 32 inch

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Cit, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Cit

Cit
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Most of the comments and recommendations on the forum are for HD screens. As I do not play games, am about to cancel Sky as there's never anything I want to watch, I don't think HD will do anything for me.

So I was thinking there might be some good deals around on non HD screens being superseded by HD models.

Any recommendations?
    Anything I may be missing out on by not going for HD?

Thanks

2. f1005705

f1005705
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sharp LC-32P50?. I have one and the SD 1,2,3,4,5 is one of the best I've seen on an LCD and DVD's via HDMI and component are fantastic.

May be worth popping down to JL for a demo. Their set up will be better than currys.

I got mine from Currys and they price matched their internet price. It's about £100 more than other online stores, however I still like the fact that I can walk into a shop and buy. (£950)

3. jabberwocky-

jabberwocky-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    f1005705 - do you have sky? if you do, is the sharp as good as CRT pq wise?? i.e do you get much picture noise & movement problems with footy etc..?

4. benwong

benwong

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you're sure, there's some decent 32 LCDs from sony; make sure you get the Wega engine one though..

Ben

5. f1005705

f1005705
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky seems fine. depends on how compressed the channels are as to the quality on LCD. I don't notice any lag with moving pictures.