Recommended hd dvd player?

R

ricardomourinho

Hi,
I would like to know which dvi dvd player (to upscale to 720p or 1080i) is best recommended for philips 9986?

I'd suggest you try using the Search feature in the "DVD Player" forums, plenty of threads in there discussing all the various options .. try "720p and DVI" for example. :)

You need to figure out a budget, there are players capable of doing this ranging from around £100 to at least £2500 .. plenty of choice.

You need to figure out a budget, there are players capable of doing this ranging from around £100 to at least £2500 .. plenty of choice.[/QUOTE]

Around 250 euro?

Well in that case look for comments about players like the Panasonic S97, Samsung HD945, Momitsu V880DK (my personal choice).

But like I say, you're better off searching and posting in the DVD Players forum. :)

First of all, thanks for the input.
So, i gather taht you have a momitsu dvd player.
How does it perform in dvi output?
I'vw been checking its website and seems to me that all the players aren't new, right?
Will i be amazed with it's quality?
Thanks again.

Actually I sold my V880N a few weeks back. DVI is very good, scaling to 720p produces a PQ that stands up well in comparison with my Pioneer 868 when projecting to a 92" screen .. the smaller the screen the closer the PQ will be in comparison.

Not sure what you mean by "aren't new". The V880 first came out around 18 months ago, the V880DX and V880N are simply evolutions of the original using an updated chipset.

Jan at momitsu.nl is very helpful if you want more information about it.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom