Recommended Freeview HD & Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by FFMan, Jan 9, 2012.

1. FFMan

FFMan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was hoping to replace my blu-ray player, humax freesat box and Thomson freeview recorder with one combined Freeview HD unit. Plus it would be nice to have access to iPlayer and other such services.

There only seems to be one machine with Freeview hd and blu-ray in the Panasonic, but it gets universally bad reviews on the Amazon web site for clunky interface and half implemented features.

Humax seem to have a nice freeview hd recorder which gets good reviews and has access to a Humax portal with half-decent features, but it doesn't have a blu-ray player.

Any other recommendations, otherwise it seems to be a rather poorly served requirement of mine

thanks

2. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,864
    Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your post to this forum section.

There is no other choice in the marketplace but the Panasonic machines if you want HD and Bluray recording facilities.

But it is not all bad. Some criticisms are justified, but many arise from ignorance or misunderstandings, or false expectation.

It should be noted that the newer models are notably faster than earlier models, and that even those with older models find the drawbacks tolerable given the advantages that these machines confer.
    See the dedicated master threads for evidence of that.

Also have a read of this sticky which should give some useful background.

3. l34052

l34052

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    I have a panny BR recorder i got at xmas and so far im more than happy with it, ok ive barely scratched the surface interms of its abilities but i have recorded stuff with no probs at all and the BR player is superb.

So far i dont have any probs with the UI, its not as simple as my old sony dvd recorder but then it does alot more and im quite technically minded anyways so i love deep tech:thumbsup: