1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended connection to/from Yam 750

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by MattMcSpirit, Dec 16, 2004.

1. MattMcSpirit

MattMcSpirit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Guys,

Sometime in the new year (when the student loan comes in!) im planning on buying a yam rx 750 from germany, currently priced at £289 + shipping. It is to replace my Aego P5 decoder that i am currently using. Im just a little confused about the different cabling options i have for connecting everything into it. Ideally, i would like all of my inputs, i.e. DVD, PS2 etc to go into the amp, and then from there to the TV and speakers. A list of my current setup is below:

Toshiba 36ZP38 (3 Scarts, 1 Component, 1 front S-video and composite)
    Toshiba SD220E DVD player (component out, Scart out, optical out, coaxial out)
    Toshiba V633 VCR (Scart out)
    PS2 (Optical out, S-video out)
    Gamecube (RGB & 2 phono out)
    Aego P5 + Speakers

As it stands, the DVD player is connected to the TV via component video cable, Monster Cable, bought earlier this year. DVD player connected to the P5 amp via Coaxial.

VCR connects to one of the scart sockets on the TV via a Philex Thor Scart to Scart.

The gamecube connects directly to the TV via the Game RGB scart. The 2 phono's on the cable connect to the Aego P5.

The PS2 connects to the TV via a Monster Cable PS2 S-Video cable and optically to the Aego P5.

Should i even bother putting the video sources through the 750, or simply connect them straight to the TV and leave it that way? The DVD player would be straight forward, though would require the purchase of another component video cable (bluejeans cable?). The PS2 would also be easy, straight into the amp via s-video, and out of the amp via component. But what about the GameCube, VCR and possibly, a Freeview PVR in the near future? Is it worth using the Philex Thor to connect the VCR to a freeview box, then buying a scart-to-s-video cable to connect the freeview to the amp? Does this make sense? Any recommendations for scart-to-s-video cables? Finally, what about the gamecube? ive heard that the Game RGB cable i have is one of the top ones for the gamecube, so should this just stay as direct to the TV?

Any help would be great guys. Sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Thanks,

Matt

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +990
    Your TV has 3 scarts so I don't really see the need to do video switching. Just plug in your audio sources and you'll be fine.

However, if you plan to connect all of your consoles all at once then you may want to use the video swicthing function.