Recommended burning software to work on windows 7 home premium 64 bit

spenna

Can anybody recommend a good burning utility for windows 7 home premium 64 bit.I am currently using NERO 7 but it doesn't seem to work that well.I am not having the same experience when i used to use nero 6 on windows xp!.

Omega

Novice Member
If you're looking for a FREE program to burn folders and disk images to DVD/CD then you can't beat ImgBurn. Works fine with my copy of Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I won't go near Nero these days it's turned into a vast piece of bloatware.

spenna

If you're looking for a FREE program to burn folders and disk images to DVD/CD then you can't beat ImgBurn. Works fine with my copy of Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit. I won't go near Nero these days it's turned into a vast piece of bloatware.
OK thanks a lot for suggestion.At least i can see somebody else is having problems with NERO as well :thumbsup:

benaus

Standard Member
I quite like Ashampoo Burning Studio, has alot of features and isnt a resource hog. It isnt free like ImgBurn but I quite like it.

scanz

Distinguished Member
What's currently the best free dvd burner around? Nero is horrible...

bsuttie

Novice Member
Another vote here for ImgBurn - just donated to him yesterday when I downloaded an update as I use it so much.

Regards

Brian

scanz

Distinguished Member
I've tried using ImgBurn, but my DVD player isn't reading the disc (comes up as unknown disc). However, when i use Windows DVD Maker it works fine. Only problem is Windows DVD Maker takes an eternity!

Any ideas or other recommendations?

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
I've tried using ImgBurn, but my DVD player isn't reading the disc (comes up as unknown disc). However, when i use Windows DVD Maker it works fine. Only problem is Windows DVD Maker takes an eternity!

Any ideas or other recommendations?
Imgburn just copies files to the disk (or converts an .iso to a disk). It sounds like you want to convert video files to DVD video format. That's why Movie Maker takes so long!

scanz

Distinguished Member
Imgburn just copies files to the disk (or converts an .iso to a disk). It sounds like you want to convert video files to DVD video format. That's why Movie Maker takes so long!
Ah i see. Is there anything you could recommend instead of Windows DVD Maker? Or do i need to convert the files instead and then just use ImgBurn?

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
If you have 7 Home Premium, why not try the built in Media Center? It will offer to burn videos to DVD for you.

What are the specs for your system? Video conversion is very processor intensive, so if you have a slow CPU then the process will always be slow.

scanz

Distinguished Member
If you have 7 Home Premium, why not try the built in Media Center? It will offer to burn videos to DVD for you.

What are the specs for your system? Video conversion is very processor intensive, so if you have a slow CPU then the process will always be slow.
I tried this last night and it was still a very slow process, pretty sure it took around the same amount of time as Windows Movie Maker :thumbsdow

I have a core i5-430m processor (2.26 / 2.53 Turbo GHz), which i thought would be okay... :rolleyes:

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
How long is it taking then?

Is is having to translate several gigabytes of video between formats.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom