Recommended Artists & Albums

Stumbled upon this clip. Daniel (GigRig/Pedal Show) is a very talented guy. One of my favourite track too.

Love to know how many hours I spent with that song in Rockband!! More than anything else since, certainly.

I've been watching and listening to a lot of Estas Tonne lately, he put's so much emotion into his playing and really 'tells a story' with his guitar :)

Estas Tonne

I found this video particulary moving:

He offers all his albums on his website for pay as much as you want, $0.00-whatever, so if you decide to get them all for free and decide you fancy donating him something, there is a link on his site to donate :)

tris

Good article about Prince in Total Guitar. Recommends a You Tube vid of him performing with Tom Petty, Steve Winwood and Jeff Lynn. Wow. Never seen it before but watch him play...

Nice one Robby!

Boy can play, maj/min pent

Learn that scale :) it'll serve u for life

Just heard a few tracks from SIXX:AM's 2nd album, and sounds could be good. Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx and ex-G&R guitarist DJ Ashba on bass and guitar.

Just heard a few tracks from SIXX:AM's 2nd album, and sounds could be good. Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx and ex-G&R guitarist DJ Ashba on bass and guitar.

Have all their albums. Like their stuff. First album is excellent. Second as well
Third ok and 4th (one with Rise) is pretty good.

Have all their albums. Like their stuff. First album is excellent. Second as well
Third ok and 4th (one with Rise) is pretty good.

Oops, because Modern Vintage was the first album I came across of theirs, assumed this was 2nd. Better backtrack, cheers!

Oops, because Modern Vintage was the first album I came across of theirs, assumed this was 2nd. Better backtrack, cheers!
Haha. I actually did it the same way. Started listening at Modern Vintage and then got the first two. The first album, the Herion Diaries is the soundtrack to his autobiography. V good. My fave is the second album, This is Gonna Hurt.

Working my way through this ATM

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466929885.758489.jpg

Just love his playing.

Very excited. Blackberry Smoke have just announced a new album with a new single. Bit of a rocker. Love it.

Also, Whiskey Myers another fave of mine got a new album coming out (check out the new track Some of Your Love on Spotify) as have the Cadillac Three. A good year for Southern Rock (or Country as my wife calls it [emoji15] )

But love that Blackberry Smoke track.

Last edited:
For those of you that like your Nightwish (Andrew and Jon IIRC), have always preferred Delain more. Charlotte Wessel, their singer has teamed up with a couple of the other symphonic rocks guys to create a band called Phantasma. Check out the Deviant Hearts album (title track is ace). Some great tunes on it. Always think that symphonic rock is a bit of a guilty pleasure. But love a tune and those guys write some pretty good ones.

Quite liking Avenged Sevenfold's new song, The Stage

Not a huge fan of them but love the songs I've had a crack at with Rocksmith, definitely improved my lead playing working out the solos.

Doing Time is the only non-RS song I've tried, which is AX7 playing GnR:D, still a great tune.

I quite like A7x, a few of their albums on my phone which get regular plays at work.

Not considered that about Doing Time but now you mention it...!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1477728849.848973.jpg

This has had some pounding on my playlist lately. Watched a few 'tube clips as well. Pretty good guitarist.

Just picked up this month's Total Guitar, and they ran a 5-page feature on Joanne Shaw Taylor. I'd not heard of her before, I must admit, so had a bit of a YouTube session. Wow!! The girl is phenomenal :eek:. Apparently, Joe Bonamassa has been singing her praises for some time, and I think she has supported him a few times. Just managed to bag the last 2 tickets for her B'ham appearance early next year. Totally stoked :)

Just picked up this month's Total Guitar, and they ran a 5-page feature on Joanne Shaw Taylor. I'd not heard of her before, I must admit, so had a bit of a YouTube session. Wow!! The girl is phenomenal :eek:. Apparently, Joe Bonamassa has been singing her praises for some time, and I think she has supported him a few times. Just managed to bag the last 2 tickets for her B'ham appearance early next year. Totally stoked :)

My favourite moment from Glastonbury, recorded her great 'acoustic area for TV' performance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom