Question Recommended amp for PMC Twenty5 22

abr1

Hi

I currently have some PMC Twenty5 22s in a mixed movie/music setup but am moving home and will put them to work in the living area as music only. I mostly listen through Sonos (either Spotify or FLAC files on a NAS). I have an existing Sonos Connect that I can either hook up to a regular integrated stereo amp (i.e. using the DAC in the Connect and the analogue out) or buy an integrated DAC/amp (using the coax out on the Connect).
Options I have found within budget of c£500 are as follows:
Rega io (no DAC, amp only)
Rega Brio (no DAC, amp only)
Audiolab 6000A
Audiolab M-One
NAD C338
Arcam SA10

Any recommendations for the PMCs, either from this list or others? Happy of course to buy second hand. The room is a tricky space, living room is about 5m x 5m, but one face of the room is largely open and connected to another similar sized room.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Blue Cheese

Standard Member
Those are great speakers - I have a pair! Can't help but feel that they deserve better amplification though. I have a Naim Supernait 2 which works really well with them. You could try to pick up one second hand - they tend to go for between £1500-1800 at the moment.

abr1

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep that one in mind if I get a bit more budget.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Cleer Audio speaker + HiFi Rose Streamer Reviews & Movie/TV Show talk
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom