Recommended 3D platformers?

Batdog

Hi

I’ve just finished Astros Playroom and absolutely loved it! Looking for recommendations for other fun 3D platformers.

I absolutely love Mario style games and already have Astro, Sackboy, Ratchet & Clank (2016 - will get the new one soon). I have Crash Collection via PS+ but find it very basic and a bit boring.

Any good suggestions? I guess I’m basically looking at PS4 games and that’s not a problem, I do like picking things up cheap! Obvious ones are Spyro and Jak & Daxter - they any good? Really I prefer anything Astrobot/Mario style, a bit open world, few puzzles and nice controls. Slightly less keen on the shooty ones like R&C and definitely not into the linearity of Crash Bandicoot.

Cheers!

tazmago

Distinguished Member
I love a good 3D platformer. You’ve already bought/mentioned most of the best ones already. I would definitely get Spyro Reignited Trilogy and the Jak and Daxter games, both fantastic series.

There are a few I would recommend:

Yooka Laylee
New Super Lucky’s Tale
Tear away Unfolded
Knack 1 and 2 (I know they get a lot of flack, but I enjoyed them :))
A Hat in Time (not played this one, but gets good reviews and now has a 60fps PS5 update)

Cheers.

Caljo

Standard Member
Tearaway Unfolded. :thumbsup:

PSN: CALJO

Last edited:

Batdog

Thank you! I like the look of a few of these, particularly Tearaway Unfolded. I will go and check them out!

Xorro

I love a good 3D platformer. You’ve already bought/mentioned most of the best ones already. I would definitely get Spyro Reignited Trilogy and the Jak and Daxter games, both fantastic series.

There are a few I would recommend:

Yooka Laylee
New Super Lucky’s Tale
Tear away Unfolded
Knack 1 and 2 (I know they get a lot of flack, but I enjoyed them :))
A Hat in Time (not played this one, but gets good reviews and now has a 60fps PS5 update)

Cheers.
I also thought Knack was great.

Another vote for Tearaway and Spyro.

Batdog

I actually discovered that New Super Lucky’s Tale has a demo so have given that a go. Actually thought it was really decent so will be picking that up. If A Hat in Time and Tearaway Unfolded are better still then that’s great.

I was a bit surprised that many of these are still around the £25 mark which is a bit expensive for me. Tearaway is £16 so I may try that first and Knack is about £7 so might be worth a punt.

Cheers!

Xorro

Tearaway Unfolded is currently on sale at £7.99

I’m interested in Super Lucky’s Tale, I’d not heard of it before. It never seems to drop much on the PS store, so that might be one to get physically and then sell on.

Batdog

Tearaway Unfolded is currently on sale at £7.99

I’m interested in Super Lucky’s Tale, I’d not heard of it before. It never seems to drop much on the PS store, so that might be one to get physically and then sell on.

Outstanding spot my friend, only looked last night and it was still £15.99. It has now been purchased, thank you!

Apsilon

Senior Moderator
The new Ratchet and Clank is immense. Returnal has platform elements too. Tough game though…

Batdog

Just an FYI, A Hat in Time is now half price (£11.99) in the latest PS Sale, I’ve just purchased it.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
Yooka Laylee, although graphically a bit dated looking, was a fun little platformer :)

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom