1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by garyjd, Dec 30, 2004.

1. garyjd

garyjd
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I am after some recommendations for a suitable DVD player. I am looking to combine DVD and CD into one unit. I currently have an Arcam AVR200 and a Rotel RCD930 CD Player and a bog standard Samsung DVD player (came free...say no more).

I would use the DVD player mostly for music. I am after suggestions ranging from 100 to 500 pounds. Am I better sticking with my CD player and buying a better DVD player just for DVD's?

Any opinions gratefully received.

Thanks

Gary

2. Carl_Docklands

Carl_Docklands

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have heard both the Denon 2910 and 3910 when i was scouting for a DVI/HDMI deck and i have to say i could not tell that much difference between the two, but out of all the decks i tried in that price bracket they were as good as any for music.

If you dont have a really expensive set of speakers the 2910/3910 might be worth a look. Whatever you are thinking you really do need to try out a few decks at an AV shop.

I am sure others have suggestions, i am quite chuffed with the Samsungs musical ability for the money i paid for it but then again i am not an audiophile.

3. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    Arcam for sure if you want decent CD replay. go with the dv-79. Has HDMI as well for future proofing.