1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recommendations required

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by ashley duggan, Oct 1, 2005.

1. ashley duggan

ashley duggan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone recommend a few dvd players to pick from which can play region 1 and 2 and with progressive scan.

2. Jack the lad

Jack the lad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +86
    Whats your budget?

3. ashley duggan

ashley duggan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dare i say up to £400.

4. the mechanic

the mechanic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi, just a suggestion
    How's about one of THESE . They were £99.95 last week, but now it seems they have raised the price :confused: .
    For me the 575 is a great player, MR outta the box, PAL & NTSC prog-scan, DVD-A & SACD playback, DIVX playback etc.
    Just think of the DVD movies and a decent component lead you can buy with the money saved... :thumbsup: ...

Graham.

5. Dankeech

Dankeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +289
    Nad T562 can be bought for £360.
    I wa going to buy it last week, but opted for the cheaper T524 which also plays DivX.

The NAD's tend to have a once-off handset-hack which you can choose region with, e.g: Set to Region 0 when prompted and your player is forever multi-region.

The unit does have Progressive-scan and now available in silver/titanium as well as good old NAD original colour.

Haven't demo'd but gets good reviews.

I also had a Philips DVD DivX Multiregion Progressive-scan, optical & coaxial digital outs on it which can be bought for £35 if you're looking at the bottom of the market. Features included were incredible for price range.Picture was good for the money, but in your price range there's plenty of players with much better image & sound.

Still considering upgrading the DVD player even though I got my T524 last week.

Hey, maybe if you're interested and not too far away, I may have a T524 available for sale under guarantee and only a couple of weeks old, boxed, manual, perfect condition etc.

Here's some info on it:

http://www.nadelectronics.com/dvd_players/T524_framset.htm

Picture is a very dark one, but google image search should bring up good pics.

Not 100% will be upgrading though.

Cost £180, would be looking at £150 if decide to sell. Not sure atm.

Regards,

Dan.