1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by southpaw, Oct 30, 2005.

1. southpaw

southpaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Everyone

I've been considering a Plasma, LCD and Dlp for ages. Now I'm thinking of getting a CRT for a couple of years to tie me over til LCDs are up to standard.

I want a 32" for football/Dvds and will be watching Sky/ Terrestrial and DVDs.

Best Picture quality for cheapest price.

Links and advice appreciated.

2. MAD ANDY

MAD ANDY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi mate.

I was in the same position. Had the cash for a plasma and lcd and liked the "fasion" element ie new toy to have, slim, wall mountable etc, but didnt like the price, and didnt like the pic quality. The wall mounting didnt mean much to me as I didnt want it above the fire and have to tilt my head to watch it (not natural) and unless wall mounting, the slimless doesnt mean much unless you place it flat back against a wall, if in a corner like me, a CRT would probably fit for far less cost and ultimately, better pic quality (far better pic quality, after all, they've had over 70 years development!) so decided to go for the best pic quality/spec 36" and 32" CRT TV's available (as recommended by homecinemachoice.com too) - the Toshiba 36ZP46/48 and 32ZP46/48 - now available very cheap compared to when first released

I paid £595 for my 36ZP46 from totaldigital.biz - they are selling the 32" version now at the same price (i got mine when it was cheap!) here:

http://www.totaldigital.biz/product_info.php/products_id/1261

Its the best 32" I know of with 100hz, progressive scan, component inputs etc

[​IMG]