1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations please

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by robe1101, Sep 28, 2005.

1. robe1101

robe1101
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im currently upgrading all my kit and would like recommendations for a good dvd player that will double up as a half decent cd player. I will be pairing it up with a yamaha rx-v2600 (when they come out) and probably a sharp lc32gd7e. Ideally the dvd should have both hdmi and component.
    I don't want to pay a fortune for the DVD, max £300, the one I was edging towards was the Denon 1920, anyone got any other suggestions.

2. Mausse

Mausse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll will advise to use your current player for now. Within 3 months the next gen dvd (hd/blueray) will be here!

3. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    I don't think he'll be able to get on of those with his £300 budget just yet.

4. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +492
    You might like to consider the Samsung HD 950. It may not be in the same class as the Denon, but its much cheaper. It seems to play just about everything. Upscales to 720p and 1080i. It comes with HDMI to HDMI lead and a HDMI to DVI lead in the box. Has Dolby digital 5:1 output and DTS. Plays Divx (Mpeg4). Also happily plays a slide show of my holiday photos from a Photo DVD. Very slim and sexy looking design. Only thing is the display is quite small, but information is duplicated on screen. Still waiting for my LCD to be delivered so I can check out the 720p performance. At only about £120 I got mine off the shelf from local Richer Sounds. Should bridge the gap until I can afford a Blu-Ray.