Recommendations please

moley2727

Novice Member
Hi,

I recently purchased a Astell & kern ak70 hi res portable music player. Whilst I sort my iTunes out before transferring. I decided to re-record many albums, at least the ones the bit rate is low, like 128kpbs. I have a few questions
Why are micro sd cards so variable in price? I'm looking to buy a named brand 128gb card. They range from a few pounds to hundreds. I'm looking at Samsung Toshiba and SanDisk. I presume I need class 10 and 90mb speed, is that right? Can anyone recommend, particularly for my Ak70 please
Can anyone recommend over ear headphones for this device

I am learning and sometime sinking with how to get the best out of my ak70. I'm planning to keep all my files and keep them backed up via iTunes, advisable?
Any tips and suggestions on usage would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

boris

Personally I tend to stick to Sandisk for SD Cards, and yes, you will want a Class 10 card. They should work fine in your AK70. You can get a 128gb Sandisk card for £38 from Amazon at the moment, good price.

I don't use iTunes, ditched it as soon as I got rid of my iPod - personally I hate iTunes and use Musicbee instead, and then drag and drop across to my DAP.

What is your budget for headphones?

moley2727

Novice Member
Thanks. I've ordered the ossic headphones, they look pretty good. Yes I've also discovered musicbee, liking it. Just working out how to download lyrics for each song, not straight forward... Do you know if I can transmit ak70 to my Sonos speaker? Thanks

boris

No, as you can't install a Sonos app on the AK70, and Sonos doesn't accept bluetooth. You can stream to other bluetooth speakers with the AK70.

moley2727

Novice Member
Thanks Boris. I have ordered some bluetooth devices for my Zeppelin speaker instead.

I have one more problem if you dont mind. I've cut from Itunes /Music/Itunes Media/Music - all folders and pasted these into MusicBee/Ripped Files location. These copied files do not play in MusicBee. The properties/location in MusicBee still says the file is in the original Itunes place - I did CUT not copy. When i try to play in MusicBee it says 'The source file cannot be found' . Have i done this wrong maybe? Is there a better way to transfer from Itunes to MusicBee? My 256GB micro card arrived today and want to start uploading to the AK70.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom