1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations please....

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by couchspud, Mar 28, 2005.

1. couchspud

couchspud
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First off, thanks for opening this post, I know there's loads off them like this!

I'm after replacing my Technics SC-DV150. I don't think they sold many off them, but I bought one off the high street for a grand:eek: about 5 years ago. It was great then as it decoded 5.1 and amplified it upto 360 watts. Enough for my room.

Now we have nippers though, so the sub as to be switched off. This is cool though as the front speakers are pretty large, sorry I'm totally non audio-tech.

I'm ideally after a system that offers a 5.1, PLII and DTS with at least 360 watts output, I think! The room is 21' x 13' and we sit right near the back with perhaps 2' to spare.

Ideally I'd like a decent bass response with the sub off, as per now, but if you could offer any recommendations below, say £300, maybe a ton more, I'd be very greatful.

Also, if you've any idea how much it might be worth, or would like to make an offer for my system then please let me know!! :thumbsup:

Thanks,

John.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +117
    Presumably when you are talking about 360 watts you are talking the total output (ie the Denon AVR 2805 is 100 watts/channel and so would be 700 watts counting total output)?

What are you wanting to get for your £300 - an all in one solution? just an AVR and continue to use your existing DVD/Speakers?