Recommendations please for media player

pcavelle

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all - can anyone please recommend a small and inexpensive media player for playback of mkv files, inc h265?

Apps compatibiliy not important, solely needed for local playback of files from a USB drive.

Thanks in advance

For good USB support then OSMC Vero 4K+ if were talking about 4K H.265 SDR/HDR media, sells for around £100.

There are lower cost media players out there that typically run android but these can be of poor quality and sometime have file system limitations when it comes to USB storage.

I've been very pleased with a £40 Beelink Android box I've been using for the last three years. It does H.265, HDR, UHD and has no problem with my terabyte NTFS USB hard drive. Currently has a music collection on a USB stick and runs MPD on boot, optical connection to my receiver, controlled by M.A.L.P. on my phone or tablet. Quality is excellent.

It looks like Beelink has moved up-market. I have a "Mini MXiii-ii" running Android 6.

video here

If it broke, I'd take a punt on another brand on eBay as they seem to have come down in price.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom