Recommendations places to eat around The Village, Manchester

leo79

Off to Manchester for a long weekend and to show the kids a bit of city life.
Been a long time since I've been round Manchester but we were thinking of meandering around Canal St and getting a bite to eat in the evening.
Any recommendations? We're all fully fledged carnivores and are more than open to all styles of food.
I've done the usual TripAdvisor but I trust people on AVF more than some random on TA.
Thanks

camcroft

They do nice Hot Pots at the Rovers Return down Coronation street and just around the corner theres Roys Rolls Cafe Full English and cream Horns( If the factory lot haven't eaten them all ) Ask for Roy he will see you right. Enjoy
Jokes aside I hope someone on here can help you.

Last edited:

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Off to Manchester for a long weekend and to show the kids a bit of city life.
Been a long time since I've been round Manchester but we were thinking of meandering around Canal St and getting a bite to eat in the evening.
Any recommendations? We're all fully fledged carnivores and are more than open to all styles of food.
I've done the usual TripAdvisor but I trust people on AVF more than some random on TA.
Thanks

Near enough every pub does food in the village, Chinatown is 2 minutes walk, great food as to be expected. Deansgate a few more minutes has a lot of options.

All down to what you fancy

ssbib

Distinguished Member
Can’t go wrong with Bem Brasil. It’s not on Canal Street but pure all you can eat meat! Very expensive though.
To be honest there are tonnes of good food around Manchester these days. I’d say just go for a mooch and see what catches your eye.

leo79

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like we're eating at The Refuge at Kimpton clocktower as it's already been booked!
Bem Brasil looks like a strong contender for lunch on Saturday :thumbsup:

Hobbes1966

I agree about China Town, it's pretty much across the road. The Richmond Tea Rooms on Sackville Street is nice too. They do lovely afternoon teas. Home | Richmond Tea Rooms
Is it this weekend you're coming? It's Pride so the Village will be busy and I'm not sure if it'll be open. Normally it's ticket only entry on Pride weekend but given the circumstances I'm not sure if they're doing that this year.

If you like curry, This and That, just off Soap St is loved by us Mancs and reasonable prices. This & That Cafe, Manchester - Home of Rice & Three Curries

Oh, a great carnivore place is Hawksmoor on Deansgate but you'd need to book and it is pricey Best Steak in Manchester | Steak & Seafood | Hawksmoor

Last edited:

leo79

I'm sure nobodies interested but anyway, food at the Kimpton was spot on. Sort of tapas(ish) sharing style of food, although bigger portions. Beautiful bar, ended up going back there after venturing off round Canal St which just so happened to be heaving because of the pride festival this weekend. Kids certainly saw some eye openers.
Lunch didn't end up being Bem Brasil as my better half phoned The Ivy after visiting the Science and Industry Museum and managed to snag a table. Perfect lunch to finish off a fantastic weekend, very swanky, kids loved it.

iqoniq

The Al Faisal curry house at 69 Thomas Street (don't get confused if you see the old one on the corner of John Street which is now closed down) does really nice food, for reasonable prices. I usually go there whenever I'm in Manchester and I've always enjoyed it.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom