Question Recommendations on QHD 1440p Graphics Cards

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by deeplink, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. deeplink

deeplink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'm setting up a 2nd gaming rig, but am holding out for VR and the Nvidia Pascal chip for my main gaming setup. I've hit a dilemma, that I've purchased a QHD monitor, but now would like a decent card to hit around 30+ FPS on most stuff. Obviously I'm trying to save pennies for the Pascal Nvidia beast this summer, but need a second card. Can anyone post if they use 1440p resolution and what experiences they have with either AMD / Nvidia and what model. Seems to be a lot of info from mid 2015 that the AMD range stutter quite a lot. Could have been resolved by driver by now, but I'm thinking that I would need at least a 4GB card to cope with the resolution? anyone care to share their setup (good and bad points?)

2. deeplink

deeplink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Ebay seems to have a lot of r9 380's for sale that are all only "owned for a couple of weeks."

3. MiniCho5en1

MiniCho5en1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I use a 2Gb 770 and seem to do fine in games at 1440p. Obviously I can't max them out but I have no issues playing GTAV or The Division etc

4. deeplink

deeplink
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Great, that's what I was hoping. I've just installed my 660ti and that gets a similar benchmark as 1080p which is surprising. Maybe the 4gb isnt really required.

5. jassco

jassco
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,779
    Loads if people will be shifting cards in anticipation of the new ranges coming out. Chances are they've owned them a lot longer so if you did go this route ensure you get receipts for warranty purposes