Recommendations on a 50" set?

CluelessJim

I want to replace my KDS55A2000 which is showing its age and developing niggly faults.

I want to replace it with a similar sized screen, although no smaller than 50".

I will use the screen for SD and HD viewing through Sky including sports, as well as dvd, blu-ray, and games from a PS3. Ideally I want 24p support (which my current set lacks) to avoid motion judder on blu-rays. I also want minimal input lag from a gaming perspective.

I'm not currently interested in 3D content as the cost of Active Shutter glasses is unreasonable in my opinion. As such my price limit is < £800.

From a spec perspective the Panasonic P50U30 looks like a solid set for the money but i'd be keen to hear your opinions.

Thanks

vickster

Distinguished Member
Maybe look at the 2010 LG 50PK590, should be in budget from Richer Sounds with 5 year warranty. Better specced than the entry level U series :)

CluelessJim

Thanks for the response. Is the LG set definitely 24p capable? I've seen conflicting test results / spec lists.

Also, do you know if the refresh time is good enough for playing FPS / TPS games as some reviews say it is very slow?

It's definitely an option for me and the price is very appealing.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom