Recommendations - GX300 / EH55 / DVD-220

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Akele, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Akele

Akele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I was wondering if you'd be able to give me some advice? I'm looking to get a DVD Recorder costing between about £200 and £300 but I'm not sure which one to go for. I've heard good things about the Sony GX300, Panasonic DMR-E55 and the Pioneer DVR-220 but I don't know which one would suit me best.

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to AV stuff and I'm really just looking for something which won't die after a year and has good recording / playback quality. Any recommendations? Are there any other models I should be considering (within my budget). Would it be worth spending a bit extra to get something like the Panasonic DMR-E65 or Pioneer DVR-320?

At the moment I think I'm leaning towards getting the Sony GX300, as it is the least ugly. I don't think player asthetics should be the main critera for my choice though. Thanks for any help you are able to give me. :)

2. Akele

Akele

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh, I should mention I'll be connecting the recorder to my Nokia 221T freeview box. I don't think I'll have any issues doing this with any of the units I've listed, will I?